-My spellchecker experiment
Emmanuel Espina 2011-02-03, 13:55
I wrote a post in my blog http://emmaespina.wordpress.com/ about a different
approach to spellchecking (different from the one Solr Spellchecker uses).I
thought that this would be an interesting subject to share with all of you.
It uses fuzzy queries instead of a ngram query, and then I rank the results
by word frequency in the text with the aid of a python script (all that is
explained in the post). I got pretty good results (between 50% and 90%
improvements), but slower (about double time).
Maybe I'll implement all this script as a new Solr Spellchecker component in